A LETTER FROM THE HEART



In my mind I seek solace, in my heart I search for refuge 
Not from where I came from, not in where am going forth
For in that strange land, in that beckoning realm, 
Welcome is as uncertain as finding a patch of dry earth, in a rainy day.

A refugee I am termed politically, an alien thought of amusingly 
a burden considered annoyingly, but the state is not a choice
the title not a heritage, for it could be anyone, it could be everyone.

Atrocities, desolation, chaos a pushing force
Peace, serenity, a pulling energy
Stuck in the middle I am,
Neither wanted at home nor welcomed abroad.
So in the recesses of my being I find my own
In the center of it all, I meet my doom

For whence does my help come from?

So long as I feel the sun, as much as the wind blows my way
I know I breathe!
And in breathe therein life lives and thus hope continues
plus out there, a special few remain
in whose bosom my heavy head could rest
whose bounty is for all to share.
To all those I pray stay blessed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 WAYS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF YOUR “AFCON” 2016 EXPERIENCE

Campfire

SHE, In Africa